July 16, 2020, Update: You may read our current plan for the 2020-2021 school year here.
July 14, 2020, Update: Thank you for your continued feedback through the family survey on reopening school that was shared with you last week. If you have not competed the survey yet, please do so by Friday, July 17. Also, since the Governor’s announcement for schools to reopen under Plan B, with an option to move to Plan C (remote only), The Hawbridge School administration will continue to investigate flexible options to meet the needs of all of our students. We hope to be able to share more concrete plans on reopening in the near future. Stay safe!
I hope everything is well with you. I realize the continued uncertainty regarding the possible reopening of school in August is weighing on everyone. While no specific plans have been decided on, I would like to share an update. As a North Carolina Public Charter School, we do have some flexibility with our school calendar. The flexibility allows us to be more creative in how we start the upcoming school year. Additionally, the Hawbridge administration and several faculty met to create a Remote Instruction Plan. This plan will serve as a guide should we continue with remote learning in August. Once we finalize the draft of this plan, I will share it with you. In the meantime, we are waiting for guidance from the governor’s office. The anticipated announcement scheduled for July 1 has been delayed, but we will continue to work on developing plans for a variety of scenarios for our students and staff. Safety is my number one priority, so please know that I will remain vigilant in my goal of providing effective instruction in a safe environment in August.
Mya Ciccotti Geiss