Our fifth class of Hawbridge Interns began their internships today! Through the SaxConnex Internship Program, Hawbridge juniors and seniors have the opportunity to intern with businesses in the Saxapahaw community. Past participants have included Alamance County Sheriff’s Office, Alamance Regional Medical Center, Buckner Steel, Camp Chestnut Ridge, Cane Creek Farm, Culture Mill, The Eddy Pub, Eli Whitney Fire Department, Haw River Farmhouse Ales, Left Bank Butchery, Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Paws 4ever Animal Sanctuary, Saxapahaw General Store, Saxapahaw Village Kids, Starberry Farm, and TerraStay.
Benefits of a SaxConnex Internship:
- Career exploration and experience
- High school credit
- Leadership and communication skills development
With permission from the administration and parents, in addition to a health and safety follow-up with their on-site mentors, the six interns were given the green light to begin their internships this week. Three of the six interns have had to navigate last-minute internship site changes due to onsite restrictions or other reasons related to the pandemic. One internship will be fully remote while a second offers a hybrid approach.
All interns will be wearing masks on-site and will be in compliance with the CDC guidelines. We are grateful for the support of the businesses that are hosting our students.
- Margot Francini is interning at Reverence Farms
- Lilly Bennet is interning at Ultimate Canine Care
- Logan Stach is interning at ComTech
- Sofia Lessler is interning with the Orange County Dept of Aging
- Patrick Rubinas is interning with The Hawbridge School’s “S.A.S.S. Institute” which stands for student academic support services
- Addison Ferrell is interning at The Alamance Country Club