Healthful Living/PE Teacher & Outdoor Program Co-Coordinator:
- Full-time instructor of middle and high school Healthful Living/PE
- Responsible for a middle school class in outdoor skills
- Will involve working with another faculty member to coordinate an extra-curricular adventure-based program that includes a variety of day and overnight trips throughout the school year
Position available in August and is continuing.
At the Hawbridge School, we are fortunate to be able to instruct the majority of our PE and Health courses in an outdoor environment. This allows us to integrate the curriculum into an outdoor-themed class that includes canoeing, hiking, trail running, orienteering, and many other outdoor activities. Rather than taking one block out of the year to focus on health, topics have typically been intermingled with physical activity with extra time being taking in a traditional setting when needed. Health topics include human sexuality, substance abuse, body image and self-esteem, how to start a workout routine, diversity awareness, stress management, nutrition, and safe social situations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certified or ability to obtain within the first year. EMT would be great.
- Experience leading or co-leading overnight wilderness expeditions
- Experience with backpacking, canoeing, kayaking, sea kayaking, mountain biking and/or rock climbing, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Please submit cover letter and resume to The Hawbridge School Executive Director, Mya Ciccotti, at email@example.com