2017-2018 Proposed School Calendar
Category : Executive Director
I hope this announcement finds each of you doing well. I am writing to inform you, and solicit your feedback, on the proposed school calendar for the 2017-2018 school year. As promised, we are creating this calendar much earlier than last year, making sure you have the information in a timely fashion.
You can view the proposed calendar through the announcement on Google Groups. However, please allow me to highlight a few key areas within next year’s calendar.
- School will begin for students on Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will occur on October 19 and 20. This is the end of the first nine weeks.
- No school the entire week of Thanksgiving.
- No school from December 18-January 1 for winter break. Students will return from winter break on Tuesday, January 2, 2017.
- Spring Break for students will be March 29-April 6, 2018. March 29 will be a teacher workday (no school for students) due to March 28 being the end of the third nine weeks.
- The school year will end for students on May 25, 2017.
This calendar was built with students, families and employees in mind. Students will always be the main factor in any decision. This calendar maximizes our instructional day and year with no planned early release/late arrival days and no weeks with less than three days of instruction. We appreciate your support of The Hawbridge School and want to ensure we provide your most prized possession with the best education possible.
We would appreciate any and all feedback. Please use the following link to submit your comments. The board will approve a recommended 2017-2018 school calendar at their October 19, 2016 meeting. All board meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are held in Huth Commons at The Hawbridge School.